Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polar Panoramas

Here are my Steps to a Polar Panorama. I took 10 or more vertical photographs going from left to right while overlapping each other by about 25% at a unique location. Using Adobe Camera Raw, I edited my pictures. Using "photomerge" on Photoshop, I created a panorama. Next, I distorted the picture so it was a square and rotated it 180 degrees. Then, I used the filter "polar coordinates" to create the polar panorama.
These are the steps I took to create the cut out of myself and the shadow using the Quick Selection Tool. First, I opened the picture I wanted to use in Photoshop and created a copy of the layer. Next, I used the Quick Selection Tool (w) and select the parts of the photo I wanted to use (minus tool to deslect parts you don't want). Then, I smooth and feathered the cutout and copied and pasted it onto my polar panorama. Finally, I copied the cutout and turned the exposure down so it was black, turned the opacity down and skewed the "shadow" so it looked more realistic.




1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really well done it looks awesome! I love you background picture, it also goes along with your theme very well. I really like your second Polar Panorama with the cut out it looks super cool.

    ReplyDelete